I have a new Guests Speak for you today. Dear Calvary Temple received a letter that should be shared far and wide.
But, before I give the rest of this post to my guests, please remember that Calvary Temple located off Triple Seven Rd in Sterling, VA, is an authoritative and abusive cult. Period. Members of this place are still under an active investigation by the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) into child sexual abuse that has already resulted in one arrest and conviction.
Keep your family safe and stay away from Calvary Temple.
So, without further adieu:
To Calvary Temple,
I sometimes have occasion to listen to the messages that your pastor puts out via your website. I have a question. Have you finally figured out that you have given up oversight and direction of your family and your own life to the pastors? I have heard Star Scott say what you do in your home is up to you but that he is the only head of the church and you must do what he and the other men dictate. So when you are at church, which is nearly every day, you must follow the order and rules of leadership. And what are those rules?
- you cannot date
- you cannot have friends of the opposite sex until you are “betrothed”
- you cannot marry anyone outside of Calvary Temple
- you cannot invite non Calvary Temple members to weddings, graduations, baby showers, etc
- you cannot choose how to discipline your children
- you cannot take a job that will necessitate you moving out of the area
- you cannot take a job that will necessitate you missing a service or regular activity
- you must come to pray at church during prescribed times rather than stay home to pray
- you cannot question leadership’s decisions unless you are prepared to answer to a council of 8 men
- you cannot leave Calvary Temple with your family; your children (or spouse, or parents) will be encouraged to stay
- wives are now encouraged to stay home and not work outside the home (wives used to be told to go to work if their husbands wanted them to)
- you cannot have relationships with ex-Calvary friends or family
- you cannot answer God’s call to go on the mission field without permission of the pastor
- you cannot leave Calvary Temple without pastor’s permission
- you cannot ask questions; it’s called gossip
- you cannot structure your own time; it belongs to Calvary Temple
- you are strongly encouraged to NOT attend events at other churches or ministries
- you are strongly encouraged to NOT read books other than pastor approved
- and finally, because of all the above, you cannot be led by the Holy Spirit
Galatians 5:1 For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Galatians 5:8 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
John 8:32 And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
#exposecalvarytemple #ForSuchATimeAsThis #Ezekiel34
4 thoughts on “Guests Speak (12/6/21)”
Sounds like Communism
Doesn’t it though? That’s why I always call it an “authoritative cult” – yet Bob Scott (BS) says that he never tells anyone what to do.
Yeah, right, BS.
So glad I got out after my 12 year old daughter’s rape at a church event. We walked out and never ever looked back. Incidentally the rape was ‘my fault’ (mom) because mom was not close enough to God.
Sorry I am so late in replying – I was out of town for a family funeral. I would love to talk to you more about this. You can email me privately at email@example.com